Monday 5 December 2011

Loving this crazy weather

Until this year, I've never climbed 3 consecutive days in December.  And I've done this at home, not on a trip south.  Yesterday there were four of us out to Munson, and I did get the project on the arete of Colt 45 (Ya' need two hairdos V3).  On the Chopping block, I scrubbed a line just left of the descent tree.  It's an easy slab with an interesting topout all of us flashed with varying degrees of grace.  (You're gonna love my nuts V1).  Adam and I also changed the grades on a few others.

Today, I went in the afternoon and really hoped to get the sloper traverse project on 7-10.  The friction wasn't as good as yesterday, but I brought out a second pad and intended to work it.  So I did.  After a number of attempts where I popped off at the match or lost the heel, I decided to take a break and work those on Colt 45 instead.  It was wet.  So I grabbed the rope and scrubbed the Mace Slab, then Small Slab.

When walking back to the car to get my stuff to work the 7-10 project, the road was visibly wet and spongy.  Instead I got the saw and shears and cleaned up around the slabs a bit.  Small Slab now has two fun looking lines nearly ready to go.  I wonder if that will happen before next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment