Tuesday 22 May 2012

Burned, Bitten, and Bruised

Munson Lake road is solid, firm and bumpy, making for a much more pleasant weekend than my last attempt to go there.

I exhausted myself Saturday afternoon slashing a trail, before being joined by Terry, Adam and Audrée for the overnight and bouldering Sunday morning.  It was hot.  I had to wear longs for protection from the brush, bugs and rocks, which made it uncomfortably warm.  And, despite this clothing, I still managed to bash a few welts into my legs.  To make matters worse, the few blackflies were tenacious, and managed to work their way between cuffs to take their feed.

Sunday, after they left to do some new routing at Utopia Crag in Bonney River, I scrubbed and sent a nice slab problem at Megacrystals that Dom and I had found in March.  (Four-peckered Bull V2) Since it was too warm for the flies, my shirt came off, but I guess I'd missed a few spots when applying sunscreen, so I burned a bit.

Despite all this it was a great weekend. I absolutely love it out there!

***

The following photos are old, it's just a place to host them for the online guide.

Boulder In The Brook, Munson Lake, NB

Chopping Block, Munson Lake, NB

Edgecation,  Munson Lake, NB

Examination, Munson Lake, NB

Glute, Munson Lake, NB

Kingpin, Munson Lake, NB

Roadside Ice Cream Stand, Munson Lake, NB




No comments:

Post a Comment