Monday 19 March 2012

It's Too Hot To Be Skiing

It’s not often you can come back from a day of skiing, take a shower, then sit outside in nothing but a bathing suit at 5pm, and still be comfortably warm.  But here I am at Sugarloaf/USA doing just that.  The  thermometer may a bit generous in saying it’s 30º –that’s over 90ºF for you dumb Americans– but it’s awfully close with no wind and few clouds.  I regret not packing shoes as I could probably find a few boulders worth playing on in the evenings.
Thermometer evidence; my little cuz on the porch after a day at the 'Loaf (C Goodman Photo)
Two days ago, we had a crowd at Cedar Point.  Though it was warm, it wasn’t quite this hot!  Nonetheless, it was a fun day.  I repeated fah-JAI-tah, and think the grade is close enough (then again, I don’t care).  Hennigar and Dom got on it as well, but without success.  So they couldn’t lock down the grade. 

Hennigar on Happy Birthday To Me 5.9 (C Goodman photo)
C Goodman on Yousquer Ma Cell 5.10b (M Harnois photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment